So the new years is coming up and I am sure some people out there are already thinking of their new year resolution already. I am no different expect I wont be resolving to quiting smoking, dieting, or any of the other typical resolution. My New Year Resolution always involves places to see or travel related things. Last year I posted my travel resolution. Out of the 11 resolution I made I only completed # 1, 3, 6, 7, 8.
For my New York trip I travelled with only my carryon bag and day pack. I did not over pack for any of the trips I took during 2008. In fact I involuntary only had 2 outfits and nothing else for the first 5 days of my trip to Italy. I saw alot of the off the beaten path as well as the tourist photo stops. I self taugh myself Italian and then traveled around Italy. I remember none of the Italian! Documenting my travels and enjoying them was the biggest resolution I achieved this year. I made sure to keep a journal, both major trips resulted in over 1000 pictures together. The best part is I really enjoyed the little things and moments and I remember it all.
And for this years resolutions:
- I will travel to Africa.
- I will do more backpacking style travel.
- I will keep a bag pack for last minute travel.
- I will contuine to travel to places who exchange rates benefit me.
- I will find new and creative long lasting ways to document my travels.
- Carryon or bust!
- I will not travel if I cannot pay for it in cash. No credit cards. All in one lump sum or in payments.