Here we are back to what hopefully will be my regular weekly travel tips. I am always looking forward to suggestions, so feel free to fire off an email (please no spam) to me at joc.travelalongtheway @ ymail.com
- Iron your clothes when you pack them. Not only will they be wrinkle free when you get to your destination they’ll also pack smaller.
- Use the “cookie pocket” of your bra to store cash. Access it while in the bathroom or another discreet place.
- When traveling to foreign country learn: Yes, No, Hello, Goodbye, thank you, right, left, straight. Who, what, where, when, how, a numbers 1-10 in the native language. A little bit goes along way.
- Bring a disposable water proof camera. Perfect for when you don’t want to risk ruining your good camera or when you want a stranger to take a picture for you. Disposable cost next to nothing if is damage or lost.
- Walking on cobble stone in stiletto heels is a skill we should be able to put on our resume/CV. It’s not for the faint hearted or those without medical insurance.
- Take the train or the bus and don’t travel in the tourist car in order to get more authentic experiences.
- Aside from Bhutan most places can be done cheaper and more effectively on your own. Stray away from the group tours.
- Pack a memory card reader, download your pictures and send them home/burn a CD instead of bring your laptop.
- On second thought memory cards are relatively cheap brings lots and worry about it when you get home.
- Something or someone can only ruin your vacation if you let them. Laugh it off and go back to enjoying your trip.